Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tying up loose ends.

It's been a while since my last post, so I would like to preface in saying that i've been doing well and that I'm certainly enjoying my time in France with the Lefebvres. I've traveled all throughout the region and gathered almost 400 photos that I'll be posting soon. Right now, I just need to sort through them and decide which ones are the best!

I'm really looking forward to this week because I'll be making the transition from tourist to student. To kick things off,  I'm finally moving in with my host family tomorrow! I spoke to Véronique on the phone tonight, and based on our conversation, I can honestly say that I'm going to be in great hands. She was very patient with my French and made sure that I felt welcomed by them. After I get thing established, I'll be heading straight into Avignon to meet my advisor along with some friends from Stetson!

Beyond that, I'll be starting university stuff on the 1st, take my placement test on the 5th, and begin classes on the 6th. I'm pretty sure that there's going to be a week of orientation during this as well, where I'll be meeting the other international students and getting to know the lay of the land.

But yea, that's pretty much it for now. I'm going to do separate posts for my visits to Nimes, Pont de Gard and others that you can check out soon.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment